May 5, 2013

Start of the Great Church Hunt Adventure

Today is the first Sunday we are here so that means our first new church! My husband and I have agree to searching criteria:


  1. They need to have sound doctrine and theology 
    • thanks to Bible college we know what we believe and have talked about this extensively 
  2. Enjoyable music 
    • for us that is a healthy mix between new and old songs
    • a willingness to try old songs in new ways
  3. Active and healthy community
    • we may have been spoiled by our Bible college town church but I hope not
  4. Close to where we live
    • we feel that geographic location is important to worship
    • I feel that it is a part of the way that God built us to live in community
  5. Larger congregation (this is my husband's desire)
    • He comes from a larger church, I from a smaller church. This is just a common disagreement from our rural/city out looks. Although it's not as important as the other points.
  6. Feel
    • This will likely be the deciding factor. Feel may not be the proper description for it: it will be part discernment, part prayer, part weighing the other criteria. It's a discussion that will not be taken lightly.
My husband is pessimistically expecting this adventure to take about two months. I am hoping for a shorter time than that. I would like to set down roots in a community soon, but I do want to find the right place to do so. 

Lawson Heights Pentecostal Assembly is first on our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment